Nutzen Sie die Funktionen Ihres Browsers um die für Sie angenehme Schriftgröße einzustellen!
Zum Vergrößern verwenden Sie [Strg] und [+]
Zum Verkleinern verwenden Sie [Strg] und [-]
Mit [Strg] und  setzen Sie die Schrift zurück.
Exactly mmy experience
Historical buildings and places
Marvel at the sumptuous buildings, simple craftsmen’s quarters and colourful façades. Enjoy a leisurely cup of coffee or tea in one of our beautiful squares and open spaces.
The historic market square forms the heart of the Old Town. The weekly markets are every Tuesday and Saturday.
A late medieval building from 1488. The façade design on the south side is in the Rococo style and dates from 1765. Main Office of the Lord Mayor.
Built in 1495 as the main financial administration building of the free imperial city. One further floor added in 1708. The Neo- Baroque-style façade design dates from 1909.
Falko Göthel - adobestock
A ballroom and society house for merchants from 1453. 1718/19 saw the reconstruction of the Golden Lion Society tavern.
Herman Residence housing the Town Museum
Built as a city palace in 1766 by Baron Benedikt von Herman. Today it is the town museum housing the Freudenthal/Altvater Museum of Local History. Open from May to Jan: Tue - Sun and holidays 11:00 - 17:00, free entry.
Antonite Monastery with Strigel Museum/Antonite Museum
The former Antonite hospital from the 15th century houses the town library and two museums. Open from Tue - Sun and holidays 11:00 - 17:00, free entry.
Built between 1581 - 1597 as a home and warehouse. Famous guests: Generalissimo Albrecht von Wallenstein in 1630, Swedish King Gustav Adolf in 1632. Today it is a residential and office building.
Grain Market Square
The name makes reference to the German term for “grain warehouse” (Getreideschranne). Redeveloped in 2010. Fisher’s Fountain from 1955, designed by Max Pöppel.
The House with Seven Roofs
A once functional construction of the tanners used for drying leather and furs in the roof space. Timber frame from 1601. Badly damaged in 1945 and subsequently rebuilt. One of the landmarks of the town.
Home of the Swabian State Theatre, focusing on regional themes, a great range of world literature, new dramas and young writers.
Medieval guild houses and the 9-metre-high Freedom Fountain with 12 bronze plaques apparently fitting into one another. Text from the Twelve Articles is inscribed in the base.
Medieval house. Grocers’ Guild house from 1478. Historical meeting place, in 1525, of the Upper Swabian peasants to make a record of the Twelve Articles. Opposite the info point.
MEWO Art Gallery
Former Royal Bavarian Post Office. Today it is an exhibition space for 20th and 21st century art, focusing on art education. Open from Tue - Sun and holidays 11:00 - 17:00, free entry.